Food-Grade Thermostable Alpha-Amylase HT-200
Stable Activity, Low pH Tolerate, Effective Liquefaction Amylase
Halal & Kosher Certified
HT-200 is low pH tolerated Thermostable Alpha-Amylase
derived from Bacillus licheniformis through deep fermentation and refining extraction process.
It is an endoamylase that can rapidly decrease the viscosity of
gelatinous starch solutions
by randomly hydrolyzing starch, glycogen and its degradation
within the α-1, 4 glucosidic bonds to produce soluble dextrins and
HT-200 is adapted to low pH conditions,
ideal for the production of starch sugar,
monosodium glutamate, alcohol, beer, brewing,
organic acid and antibiotics industry.
|Systematic Name:||1,4-α-D-glucan glucanohydrolase|
|EC Number:||EC 126.96.36.199|
|Activity:||≥ 20,000 U/ml|
|Appearance:||Light to dark brown liquid|
|Product pH:||5.0 ~ 7.0|
|Specific Gravity:||≤1.25 g/ml|
EFFECT OF pH
- HT-200 is active with pH range 5.0～7.0, the optimal pH is 5.5～6.2
(See Figure 1).
EFFECT OF TEMPERATURE
- For interval liquefaction, the optimum temperature for HT-200 is
above 90°C ( 194℉).
- It liquefies starch substrates promptly at 95 to 97°C (203 to207℉)
and maintains highly active at 100°C(212℉).
- For consecutive liquefaction, HT-200 demonstrates exceptional
thermal stability at a temperature range from 105 to 110°C(221
to230℉), maintains its stability for 5 to 7 minutes and keeps on
liquefying efficiently (See Figure 2).
BENEFITS FOR STARCH SUGAR:
- Superior stability with low pH
- Decrease viscosity of starch quickly
- Reduce the formation of non-fermenting sugars and undesirable color
- Effective liquefaction of various starch materials including
tapioca, corn, wheat, rice, etc.
- No need to add calcium ion under majority processing conditions
- For industrial application of one-time spray liquefaction, first
prepare 30～35% w/w starch slurry, adjust pH 5.5 to 6.5, then add
this product at a dosage rate of 0.4 to 1.2 kg/TDS. Liquefy at 105
to 110°C (221 to230℉) for 5 to 7 minutes, flash cooling down to
around 97°C(207℉), keep on liquefying at a temperature above 95°C
for 90 to 120 minutes so as to reach required DE value.
- Exact dosage of HT-200 depends on the starch substrate,
liquefaction equipment, processing condition and other factors. To
optimize the dosage, it is recommended to conduct a number of
liquefaction trials prior to routine use of this product.
- HT-200 is packaged in 25kg, 30kg food-grade HDPE plastic drums or
1125 kg IBC totes.
- Customized packaging is available upon request.
- This enzyme has been formulated for optimal stability.
- Typical shelf-life is six months if it is stored below 25°C(77℉) in
its original packaging, sealed and unopened, protected from the
- Its shelf-life will be eighteen months if it is stored properly at
- Prolonged storage and/or adverse conditions such as higher
temperatures may lead to higher dosage requirement, thus should be
SAFETY & ENZYME HANDLING
- Inhalation of enzyme dust and mists should be avoided.
- In case of contact with skin or eyes, promptly rinse with water for
at least 15 minutes. For detailed handling information, please
refer to the appropriate Safety Data Sheet.